Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School

I really don't know how it's possible that I have a first grader and a fourth grader? How did that happen? I just brought them home from the hospital, didn't I? Feeling a little old today on our first day of school. It's always bittersweet for me. We had an awesome summer and took several trips including Disneyland and two camping trips to the ocean. We went bowling almost every single day, went to the dollar movies once a week and had a few swimming lessons in between. All in all, it was a beautiful summer.


Both Scout and Peanut were more than ready to start school today. They had their outfits picked out, their backpacks ready, and were up before their alarm clocks went off. They both have awesome teachers this year which always makes a mama happy.


I love it when you get to school and see all of the new school shoes, outfits and lunch boxes that make their way through the halls. I also like to see the teacher gifts that kids bring to their new teachers. This morning I spotted flowers, apples (which I love), school supplies, etc. Here is what my girls brought to their teachers this morning.


Hopefully the chocolate will get them through the day today. Especially Scout's teacher, with 36 first graders. Yikes! Here are a few of my other favorite teacher gifts that I pulled from Pinterest. Most all of them have tutorials attached, so please check them out. Remember, it doesn't have to be the first or the last day of school to bring a teacher a gift. These dedicated people teach and help mold our children into the people they become. Any time is a good time to show our appreciation to them!




















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this Debalina! Such a great idea!